Sunday, May 13, 2007

Funny Link

http://nbadraft.net/2007stateofthecapnewyork001.asp

I'll post my favorite part of this here.

A few other contracts on the team are less costly, though they are still thorns in New York's side. The Jerome James signing is a disgrace. He can't even contribute more than 6 minutes a game. Speaking of 6, that's about how many millions Jerome will be paid each of the next three years.Jared Jeffries was a silly pickup. Five years and $30 million dollars for 4 points a game and not much else? Well, at least there are only four years left to go in his contract. He did, after all, produce more than Malik Rose who will receive $7.1 and $7.6 million the next two seasons. Rose has had plenty of time to do his taxes while riding the bench. I won't even get into Quentin Richardson's and Jamal Crawford's long-term contracts since they do actually contribute something on the court (though neither of them can shoot worth a damn). Add it all up and it's easy to see why the Knicks are still the league leader in payroll.
I laughed out loud before I remembered that I root for this team.

No comments: